$$$$ 7 USEFUL HOME STAGING TIPS TO SELL YOUR HOME IN TOP $$$$
HOME STAGING TIPS -If you are looking to sell your home fast with top dollars in Vaughan, Maple, Woodbridge, Thornhill, Concord, Kleinburg, Brampton, Richmond Hill, Markham, Mississauga and all other Greater Toronto areas, Try out these 7 helpful Home Staging Tips and step by step guide to get maximum price of your house in least amount of time. Once your home goes on the market, it becomes a product. Home Staging or Staging simply allows you to highlight the best of your home and de-emphasize its flaws. It's not about decorating, but actually turning your home into a model, to appeal to the broadest range of prospective buyers. The goal is to make people feel like they could live there, and the best way to do this is to "neutralize" the surroundings.
1. Curb Appeal: Curb appeal can help you to sell your fast with top dollar. A large percentage of home buyers decide in a first glance whether or not to look inside a house based on its Curb Appeal, the view they see when they drive by or arrive for a showing or looking at photos and virtual tour on internet. Curb appeal can help make sure to bring prospective and potential buyer to come inside your house by spending some time, little money and working on its exterior appearance.
Landscaping is the best way to make your house curb appeal, but not in everyone can afford. At minimum, lawns should be freshly mowed, leaves raked, or snow shoveled. Consider a hanging or potted plant for the entrance. Sweep the porch, deck and all walk ways and ensure garbage and recycling are tucked neatly away from the front of the house. Scrub your front door, porch, outside railings and steps. This is cheaper than repainting and makes a world of difference. Once the outside entrance is cleaned, decide if the paint really needs a touch up or need to be painted.
2. De Clutters - De Clutters - De Dlutters - Start your pre-pack as soon as possible. You need to decide what you are going to keep, give away, sell or throw away/recycle. The buyer does not appreciate your souvenirs, family portraits, photos and hobbies, charming as they are, because the buyer has a different lifestyle. Your personal items only make the buyers uncomfortable in your house. All small items that are not necessary for your day-to-day life must be stored somewhere. Pack them up carefully so you can showcase them in your new home. For selling you want buyers to focus on the best features of your home and not your personal things or collections.
Most rooms have too much furniture, now is the time to remove raggedy chairs and rundown pieces, gun cases, hunting trophies, political items, rock and roll posters, black lights, religious statues and ethnic pieces, unusual, eccentric and eclectic art should be stored away. In the bathroom, put all clothing and personal items out of sight. Home Stagersrecommend that you remove the bath mat and the toilet seat cover. Take down those hanging shelves in the shower. Instead, display a matching set of luxurious white towels. Many clients will rent storage lockers or have Pods Storage Service so they can start to clear out what is not going to make the house look good. Pick one closet or area at a time so the task isn't as daunting. Look at every item with a very critical eye and ask yourself why you're keeping it. Why not have a garage sale and make some money out of it or pick your favorite charity and donate it. You'll probably have to edit and organize the same closets a number of times to really whittle them down to the "essentials". If rooms and closets still look cramped, rent a storage locker. Or talk to our RE/MAXPremier Partner, Home Stagers can help you to stage your to sell fast with top dollar and recommend a location for storage as well. The bottom line is all clutter should go out the door.
3. Fix Minor Repairs- Look all around the house keenly things which you never got around to fixing and decide which ones might be distraction to potential buyers. Patch and touch up all holes in wall, replace cracked floor or counter tiles, fix squeaky doors windows broken door handle, fix kitchen jammed drawers and replace broken cabinet knobs, replace fused bulbs, repair broken closet doors, fill all the gaps between baseboard and floor, fix or replace all leaky faucets and toilet bowl. If the paint is really required consider natural color get rid of orange, purple, pink, dark green and maroon color. Do not give buyer any reason to remember your home as "the purple bath room or maroon bed room"
4. Organize Closets and Kitchen Cabinets - Organize your closets buyers love to open closet and cabinet doors to look how specious and wide they are. Imagine what buyer will think about you sooner he opens the closet door all stuffed clothes fall out and walk through the walk in closet where clothes are stuffed and scattered all around. At the same time if your closet is properly organized buyer will create a positive impression that you organized and probably take good care of rest of the house as well. Hang shirts, suite, ties together, buttoned shirts and coats and facing the same direction, buy a shoe organizer and line up the shoes properly. Don't forget to organize kitchen cabinet, stack pots and dishes nicely.
5. Clean the house thoroughly - Thorough cleaning is most important to sell home fast. Give each room, kitchen, bathroom, attic, basement and garage for the white-glove test. When the buyers notice that a home is spotless and sparkle clean, they conclude that the home is also well-maintained. Clean the windows, blinds and draperies neat and clean. Make sure fridge, oven, dishwasher, range hood, ventilation outlets, washer, dryer are cleaned properly. Organize your Kitchen nicely and clean it neatly, do the dishes before leaving home for showing. Good looking and sparkling clean kitchen is most important to sell your home fast. Open front and back yard doors and windows at least 20 minutes even though the furnace or air conditioner is running for cross ventilation and to let the fresh and natural air come. There is nothing worse than walking into a stuffy house or one that smells of smoke and pet odors or traditional foods.If you have still odors problem get a professional and get rid of it because smelly homes take long time to sell. Through cleaning is most important before market your home for sell.
6. Well Light & Bright - Make the house as light and bright as possible, dimly lit rooms look small even in day light. Consider putting some extra Lamps; keep window blinds open, turn on all lights while showing and clean windows in side out to allow more light. If some rooms are darker consider buying some floor lamps. If the paint is too dark in some rooms consider repainting with light colors to give spacious look.
7. Music and Muffin - Consider soft and light background music and bake some muffin in oven combination of both can help to create soothing environment.
Now your home is ready to sell in least amount of time with top $$$$$$. For further more helpful Home Sellers Tips, professional consultation, Free Home Evaluation with no obligation and to sell your home fast in Vaughan, Maple, Woodbridge, Thornhill, Concord, Kleinburg, Brampton, Richmond Hill, Markham, Mississauga and other Greater Toronto area, Contact Kaleem Salahuddin@ 416-992-9860. Sales Representative with RE/MAXPremier Inc Brokerage.